Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Plantar Fasciitis


Just two days ago, on a brisk stroll to work, I felt a sharp pain in my left heel. It felt as if someone took a big needle and was stabbing me in my heel every step I took. As I gimped to work, I knew that I had been putting off my attention to my feet for a few months now. I had felt soreness before, but this was the first time that I felt unbearable pain.

The podiatrist told me I had Plantar Fasciitis after a few x-rays and a sonogram. Great! Just what I needed to hear.

It's fucking Christmas and I am in fucking retail. Could this have happened at a better time? I spend over 30+ hours a week standing on marble floors, there are days I am strutting down the escalators in my 5" stilletos, there are other days when I wear my flats. Could it possibly be that the last five years of my retail life is gradually debilitating my ability to walk? I am pretty sure it has a lot to do with it.

When I got back to the store, my co-worker asked what was wrong with me. I told him I have plantar fasciitis, and he retorted " you have what fashionitis?!"

Yes...I have Major Fashionitis.

Retail, because of you, I have succumbed to the most hideous shoes even grandmas would gag, throw up, and still refuse to wear.

To the guy who was STARING at my ugly shoes today: FUCK YOU! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment