Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

Tying the Knot




This weekend I was apart of my only brother's wedding in Orange County. It was a gorgeous day and the bride and groom couldn't be happier for the day to finally arrive. Even after the stress of planning the wedding, and the anxious anticipation of the day to arrive, my brother was the happiest I have ever seen.

The tea ceremony was done at the bride's home, followed by a traditional mass at Church, and an intimate reception at the Doubletree Hotel in Santa Ana. Because the wedding was limited to 150 guests, it felt quite intimate and emotional. This being the 5th wedding for my family, there were still a lot of preparation to be done, since this time we were on the groom's side and not the bride's.

My new sister in law shined brightly in her traditional Vietnamese "ao dai" and looked absolutely gorgeous in the wedding gown she purchase in Australia (her home.) All my sisters were very excited to wear their traditional dresses as well, and even picked the fabric out and had one made for me. It has been at least 6 years since I put on a traditional dress, but it felt comfortable and fit for the occasion.

Here are some photos taken by me, so they are not of professional quality. We'll just have to wait for those...

No comments:

Post a Comment